Digital Marketing is an essential weapon in your real estate firm’s arsenal. It can help put your business ahead of the competition while improving customer relationships and building brand loyalty.
In 2020, 88% of buyers purchased their homes through real estate brokers. Since the demand for real estate services is high, so is the supply. By turning to digital marketing, you can attract clients, position yourself as an industry leader, and boost your firm’s profitability.
Regardless if you work on a flat fee or percentage commission, these tips can help you improve your digital marketing strategy and stay one step ahead of the completion.
1. Work on Your Website
A website is a real estate broker’s calling card. It’s the foundation of your digital marketing campaign. Whatever strategy you choose to market your services, all efforts will point back to your website. That’s why it’s imperative to keep it in top shape.
- Work on technical aspects like speed and mobile-friendliness. The optimal page loading time is 2.5 seconds.
- Focus on user experience. It should be easy to browse your website and find the necessary information intuitively.
- Fill it with fresh, educational, and valuable content.
- Create landing pages for all your locations.
- Start a blog.
- List all contact details, including social media account links.
Add all the available listings on your website and update them regularly. This will keep potential buyers coming back.
2. Take Advantage of Social Media
With almost 50% of the world’s population using social media, it’s hard to overlook this effective marketing channel. Create accounts on as many social media platforms as your team size and budget allow.
Make sure to cover:
Once your firm is on social media, consider the following tips:
- Change your cover photo often to reflect the current listings.
- Create and post content regularly.
- While text posts are good for marketing, use photo and video whenever possible.
- Write posts about local events that interest the local community.
While you are doing organic marketing by sharing valuable content and building a following, don’t forget about paid ads.
Major social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram offer an impressive variety of paid marketing options. These platforms have excellent targeting capabilities, allowing your ads to reach narrow segments of your target audience.
3. Consider PPC Ads
PPC (Pay-per-click) ads are a highly effective marketing tactic for real estate brokers. By taking advantage of Google Ads or Bing Ads, you can put your website on top of the SERPs (Search Engine Page Results).
When setting up your PPC campaign, consider the following tips:
- Always bid on your brand keywords to convert the hottest leads.
- Take advantage of geo-targeting to reach a local audience.
- Use negative keywords to eliminate useless clicks.
- Use all ad extensions to share as much information as possible.
PPC marketing is a stellar lead generation tool. However, its efficiency depends on various factors including your marketing budget, website quality, keyword search efforts, and ad design.
4. Encourage WOMM
WOMM (Word-of-mouth Marketing) is one of the most efficient marketing tools a real estate broker can take advantage of. More than 90% of people trust recommendations from friends and family more than they trust advertising. That’s why turning your clients into brand ambassadors is the key to success.
To encourage Word-of-mouth Marketing:
- Build networks with colleagues, friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone else who can recommend your firm. Social media platforms are great for networking.
- Ask clients to leave a review on your website, in Google, on social media, and anywhere else your business is present.
- Create an official referral program, so past clients have an incentive to recommend your services.
The key to WOMM is providing high-quality services. However, in the real estate business where the competition is fierce, it may not be enough. That’s why it’s imperative to create a unique customer experience.
Growing Your Real Estate Firm with Digital Marketing
In the 21st century, a real estate firm can’t stay afloat without a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. By leveraging key marketing channels, taking advantage of paid advertising, and building a robust website, it’s possible to stay on top of your game while growing your business.
If you’d like to learn more about digital marketing for real estate brokers, please contact us at any convenient time.